Source Africa will take place for the 5th time in Cape Town this year. It is now the most important annual pan-African textile, clothing and footwear trade event on the international calendar.
It brings together manufacturers, buyers, suppliers and services providers in one major integrated event, enabling International and African buyers to view and explore an extensive array of products and services from Africa.
Source Africa is a world-class sourcing event that supports the growth and development of business, trade and economic opportunities in Africa.
Source Africa will once again include a two day trade exhibition (24 & 25 May), African country pavilions, informative business seminars, fashion shows and networking functions.
The 2016 Trade Expo featured 183 exhibitors from 14 countries including Egypt, Ethiopia, Germany, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Turkey, UK, USA and Zimbabwe.
So, come and meet top class exhibitors from Africa who’s compliant, capable and ready to do business with the world!
It’s exciting times for Africa … Africa’s economic growth over the last decade has been robust. Currently the continent is growing at slightly below 4% which is still the second highest growth performance after Asia.
Source Africa continues to focus on its three core objectives –
- Demonstrate to regional and international buyers that African manufacturers can compete on price, quality, standards and reliability.
- Grow trade between African countries.
- Align itself to important initiatives such as AGOA and other regional duty free trade preference agreements.
Africa on the Verge
Africa will play an increasingly important role in the textile, apparel and footwear industry over the next decade. International buyers are showing stronger interest, fuelled in part by AGOA, and the African industry is showing an increased ability to meet that demand with world class capabilities that are getting better every day.
Unparalleled Networking Platform
Source Africa provides African manufacturers and suppliers an opportunity to promote their latest products and services to key decision makers and network with other industry and government players. Countries represented at the 2016 show included Egypt, Ethiopia, Germany, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Turkey, UK, USA and Zimbabwe.
The Africa Advantage
* On Time, On Spec, On Price
* AGOA – extended for 10 years offers up to 35% duty-free savings waived under the U.S. African Growth and Opportunity Act
* Close proximity and same time zones as Europe
* Regional duty-free trade agreements boosting inter-Africa trade